Volunteering offers so many benefits, both for the people you help and for yourself.
Here are just a few reasons for volunteering……
- Supports vulnerable people, thus enabling them to live healthy and rewarding lives.
- Volunteers find a greater sense of purpose and meaning in their lives.
- Health benefits include improved self-esteem and the ability to deal with ill health more readily.
- Volunteering can also help the healing process for those people who have suffered from ill-health or addiction
- Offers the opportunity to break down barriers by enabling you to socialise with people of different cultural backgrounds.
- You will learn new skills which will improve your employment prospects.