Have you hit a problem and want advice, or you just want to have a chat with someone to break the monotony of a long day?
……whatever it is……there is always a friendly social media site or blog to help you.
Social Media Sites
Silversurfers is the most popular social media site for the over 50s in the UK.
It has a wide range of features including…..
- Safe, moderated forums
- Speakers Corner – discussion and polling on topics of the day
- Best of the web articles and useful information
- Sharing showcase for photos, poetry and stories
- Over 50s dating
- Insurance and holidays
- Health A-Z
- Living Well
- Family and Food
You can contribute to the magazine by being a guest blogger or the writer of articles
You can learn about…….
- Makeup for the older woman
- Senior dating
- Retirement planning
- Fashion for the older woman
- Senior travel
- Grandchildren…..and more
- Advice for grandparents
- Book club
- How technology can help the elderly
- Forum on a huge range of subjects
- Fashion and beauty,as well as legal and financial advice
They offer many useful services including…….
- Life – Family friends and fulfilled lives
- Care – Planning, funding and managing care
- Health – Keeping well and medical advice
- Legal and Finance – Managing money and legal matters
- Technology – Getting online, staying connected and safe
- Forum – Covers a wide range of subjects relating to the care of aged people.
- Shop – Extensive shopping opportunities
- Senior dating for the over 50s.
- A well moderated selection of senior chat rooms
- A wide range of forums dedicated to particular subjects
Bob is a published author having written ‘Living A Satisfying Retirement’ which is available on Amazon.
He has a huge backlog of posts written over the past seven years, which cover every retirement subject imaginable.
The self styled ‘Mean Queen’ has been writing her blog, practically every day, for the past nine years.
A retired Heavy Goods driver, she describes her blog as ‘My journey from frazzled alcoholic to a relaxed happy pensioner’.
Her blog revolves around her main interests…..extreme frugality, crafts and walking. Her daily diary tells you what she has been up to, whilst sharing many money saving tips along the way.
He has been sharing his thoughts on his up and coming retirement over the past three years.
Coming from a financial background, he has sound financial advice to offer, which has earned him a nomination as a finalist in the prestigious Plutus Awards.
He has an extensive catalogue of posts dating back to April, 2015. An extremely active blogger, he is about to share his experiences as he starts his first year of retirement.
This blog, which was founded in 2007, recommends the best retirement communities, active adult communities and places to retire.
Although it concentrated initially on communities in North America, you can also find recommendations to high class retirement communities in the United Kingdom.
It has a huge number of back posts which you can search to find exactly what you are looking for.
We hope you can find a blog or social media site which interests you.
You might also be interested in the following posts the following posts
Please do share your thoughts on this post.